Voice Lessons: Part 3 – Qigong Inspired Vocal Exercise – Outstretched Arms
After three weeks of using Part 1 and Part 2 of the Qigong movements while creating sound, how are you feeling?
Is there an increased awareness around your connection to voice, breath, and body?
Are you sensing how deeply the breath can be drawn and how open the body can stay while creating sound?
As you continue with Part 3 of the Qigong inspired vocal exercises using outstretched arms, notice your increased awareness around your entire sound making process.
– As you relax into the sustained sound, you may notice tension that has gone unnoticed for a long time.
– You may feel the desire to move in a new or different manner. Try it and see what happens.
– You may notice that these practices may bring new light to how you use your voice and body in other areas of your life. Fun stuff!
Let’s get started with Part 3…
1. Watch the entire video teaching.
2. Observe your…
– Grounded Posture
– Breathing Circle – transitioning smoothly from inhale to exhale… no holding
– Low Belly Breath – three inches below the belly button
– Relaxation in neck, jaw, tongue, and lips
– High soft palate and relaxed larynx
You know my rules…
3. Have fun with this! Release all judgements and shoulds.
Let your body be your guide. Move, breathe, and play.
Be open and curious to the new ways you can experience your voice-body instrument.
And, of course… Always Rejoice In Your Voice™!