Voice Lessons: Home Remedies For When You Lose Your Voice
Laryngitis, Sinus Infection, Sore Throat… What To Do When Your Voice Is Sick
Over the last few weeks, I have received emails from several people who have lost their voice and are asking what to do to bring it back. And, last Tuesday, out of the blue, I lost my voice… no symptoms other than laryngitis.
Being sick is never fun, but when a person depends upon their voice everyday for their livelihood… being sick can bring life – and income – to a halt.
Click on the video below to learn the home remedies I choose to get my voice back as soon as possible…
I believe in the mind body connection.
Germs are everywhere all the time… so I get curious as to why am I getting sick now?
Extra attention may be needed to release a belief, identify a thought pattern, flush out a resentment, allow time to grieve, reflect on a shift in focus.
I allow myself extra time to…
– Watch funny movies
– Light exercise
I want to support my body in finding balance by easing the effort of digestion and assisting in nutrient absorption.
I clean up and enhance my diet by…
Wheat, dairy, refined sugar, alcohol
Green vegetables both juiced and cooked, and dehydrated green drink with water
Homemade Ginger Tea – recipe and how-to in the above video
I front-load all of my days to stay healthy, but sometimes illness sets in. When this happens to you, look for the blessing and the awareness.
Care for yourself as you would a small child; rather than pushing through the symptoms, try finding a loving rhythm that lets you reflect, laugh, and heal.
Do you have a remedy that helps your voice recover, please share it with us in the comment section below. We can help each other feel better faster!
Until next week, Rejoice In Your Voice™!
March 5, 2015
Hi Tricia, happy belated birthday! This, as usual, was more video gold – and so timely as the air is slowly becoming colder in Australia as we’re heading for Autumn here, and I feel a sore throat coming on today. I loved this so much – so fresh and healthy.
Other tips to share (particularly for sore throats) are:
– Gargle with warm, salty water a few times throughout the day to flush out bacteria in your throat.
– If I can, I still try doing very gentle lip trills as this feels like a gentle vocal cord massage.
– Steaming – put your head under a towel over a bowl of plan boiling water – can choose to put Vicks/eucalyptus oil in it.
– Yes, get plenty of sleep.
– Use your fingertips to gently massage around your neck and jaw area.
– Eat chilies or curries – the heat from these will help to heal your throat.
– Eat hearty soups – home made, including plenty of vegetables, and a dash of chilli – lovely!
Thank you so much for these 🙂
March 23, 2015
Thank you! I had a wonderful birthday 🙂 Wow! Awesome suggestions. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful:) I hope your sore throat only last for the day. Happy singing, my friend!